Choose one of these 11 Girls Coalition Challenges. You could win a pair of UGG Boots!
Day 2 The Girls Coalition
Girls around the world have the right to education. And yet, there are 123 million illiterate youth in the world, 2/3rds of whom are girls. Take one of the 11 Girls Coalition Challenges and help raise awareness about this crisis. Today. Right now. Here’s how:
It’s easy! Just choose one of the challenges below and tell us how YOU completed it in the comments section below. When you do, you will automatically get entered into a drawing for a pair of UGG Boots! So get out there and help change the world. Winners will be announced on October 12. So keep taking challenges and posting them right here! The more you do, the better your chances of winning a pair of UGG Boots!
Choose one of these 11 Challenges. Post what you did, right here, in the comments section below! Together, we are changing the world:
- Pledge to compliment girls in your life based on their skills, knowledge, and kindness – not on looks or clothes! Write it down. Take a picture. Share your pledge in the comments section below.
- Pledge to make education a priority in your life. Pledge to turn your homework in on time every single day for the rest of the year! Write it down. Take a picture. Share your pledge in the comments section below.
- Pledge to help someone with his or her homework at least once a week for the rest of the school year. Write it town. Take a picture. Share your pledge in the comments section below.
- Write a poem, write a song, or draw a picture about why education is important for girls around the world. Share it with your family, classmates, and teachers and in the comments section below.
- Collect three stats about girls’ education and share them on Facebook or on Twitter. Write them in the comments section below.
- Change your avatar to the I AM Day of the Girl avatar in the sidebar, to help get more people to join the Day of the Girl Summit! Tell us which social media sites you’re using, in the comments section below.
- Start a book club with friends or classmates. Choose a book that provides insight into another culture or perspective. Tell us about the group you start or the book you plan to read first, in the comments section below.
- Do a research project about girls’ access to education around the world. Share it with your class to raise awareness. Tell us about it in the comments section below.
- Plan a book drive for your class. Collect new and used books to donate to a local literacy initiative. Extra points (there aren’t really any points, but it’s fun to think about!) if you can collect more than 50 books. Tell us all about it in the comments section below.
- Create a book of poems, songs, and/or drawings with your class about why education is important to girls around the world. Share the book with your principal and in the comments section below.
- Pledge to _________________________. YOU fill in the blank! Come up with your own create way to bring awareness to girls’ education around the globe, or ways to help provide resources to those who need it most. Don’t forget to share your ideas, pledges, and actions in the comments section below!
VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE TO YOU, GIRLS! YOU ROCK! Thanks for joining the Day of the Girl Summit and participating in the 11 Days of Action! Together we are changing the world! Remember to check back on October 11, for the Day of the Girl Summit Webcast, Girls Speak Out LIVE-STREAMED event from the United Nations, and footage from all kinds of celebrations around the world, including the Brave Girls Alliance Invasion of Times Square and the Day of the Girl FREE Celebration in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
Stay tuned for more details!
Thank you, Girls Coalition, for your amazing work. You rock too!