Throughout the month of June, the IDG Summit Team joins Girls Not Brides USA in the fight to end child marriage.
Every day, approximately 37,000 girls under the age of 18 get married. Most of these girls have little or no say in the matter. They are robbed of their youth, their education, their health, and their futures.
Join #Lead4Girls today and tell Secretary Kerry to give all girls a choice, and a chance, for a real future.
- Tweet @JohnKerry using the sample messages below or create your own messages urging the Secretary of State to #Lead4Girls and #EndChildMarriage for #IDG2014.
- Create a selfie with the message “@JohnKerry Please work to #EndChildMarriage and #Lead4Girls!” and post it to your facebook, tumblr, instagram and twitter accounts.
.@JohnKerry: Help #endchildmarriage by 2030! Commit the U.S. to #Lead4Girls! #11MonthsofAction http://bit.ly/1k1kl4f
Child marriage is a violation of girls’ rights & takes away our choices & opportunities; Pls #Lead4Girls & work 2 #endchildmarriage #IDG2014
14M girls r married every year b4 age 18. Girls like me deserve a life they choose. @JohnKerry #endchildmarriage. #lead4girls #IDG2014
Want to learn more? Visit these websites and tell your friends, family and classmates what you have learned:
- Girls Not Brides – The Global Partnership to End Child marriage
- Fact sheets & resources
- Video “The world we want: end child marriage”
- Council on Foreign Relations InfoGuide Presentation
- Too Young to Wed photo exhibit