Imagine: The year is 2065 and girls hold all leadership positions at the United Nations. More than half of the governmental positions in countries around the world are held by girls. Girls’ rights are honored, respected and the global economy is booming. Why? How did this happen? What was the event that changed everything?
How did you, your parents, teachers, friends, and siblings help make this happen? What did community leaders, government officials, the UN and YOU do RIGHT NOW, in 2015 to improve our world for girls?
You can help us make IDG 2015 the greatest celebration of girls, girl power, and the unique roles girls play in our world.
We invite all girls ages 18 or younger to send creative writing or artwork to help shape the 2015 Girls Speak Out!
1. STEP ONE: Select an issue that really matters to you and that impacts girls in your community. Then imagine that in the year 2065 this issue has been resolved. How did this happen? Use the template below to tell us in detail what you or members of your community did (or could do) to solve this issue!
- Share: Tell a specific story about this issue and how it has impacted the life of a girl (or girls) in your community. What is the issue that girls face today that needs to be stopped?
- Start: What can your friends/community/family/government START doing to support, celebrate and prioritize girls to end this problem?
- Continue: What are good things that girls like you are doing to help each other? What are some actions that your friends/community/family/government are already taking to support girls that you think should continue?
- Why: Tell us why you selected this issue and why you believe your solutions will work.
2. STEP TWO: Send us your responses with a completed IDG Consent Form 2015 by Friday, July 31st! Please make sure your submission fits one of the following formats: speeches, monologues, poems (maximum 250 words), video (maximum length of 2 minutes), pictures (jpeg files of at least 500 x 500 pixels). Email your submission and consent form to: IDGsubmissions@gmail.com with your name, age, country and contact information!
And get this, EVERYONE who participates will get a special shout out , right here, at www.DayoftheGirlSummit.org. Together, we can change the world! #IDG2015