Day of the Girl Summit Needs YOU
We are building a movement. And we need you.
We are so proud to announce plans for the 2013 Day of the Girl Summit, a series of events that will help bring the world together to celebrate Girls’ Human Rights. We can’t wait to celebrate this day with all of YOU. Join us!
Last year, the United Nations said that they wanted the International Day of the Girl to help grow worldwide enthusiasm for girls’ human rights. So we created the first, annual Day of the Girl Summit to do just that. And we were wowed by the enthusiastic response the first Summit received! Thousands of girls and girl-serving organizations came together to celebrate the power of girls. We were blown away by your passion and amazing work in support of girls’ human rights.
In fact, the 2012 Day of the Girl Summit became a showcase of what the Day of the Girl means to all of us. Girls around the world sent in pictures, poems, dances, stories and videos. Their story came alive through the two-hour LIVE Day of the Girl Summit Webcast of parties and celebrations. And we’ve heard so many girls talk about how the 11 Days of Action helped give communities ways to change their world. The hundreds of ‘shout outs’ created last year from girlfriends, sisters, moms and friends, brought us all closer together.
Here are a few things you said:
- “I love this site. It makes me feel like more and more girls are getting appreciated for their strengths and contributions to society!!” – mgg2012
- “Girls Rock! This is an amazing summit!” – tarasom
- “Beyonce was right when she said girls run the world <3” – mellyg23
- “my dads making brownies, happy day of the girl to my mother and sister” – Sierra
- “Shout out to all the girls in the world. YYYEEAAHHH is our day!!!” – AIMA1975
So thank you for making the 2012 Day of the Girl Summit a HUGE success! Now it’s time to get busy to make the 2013 Day of the Summit even better. Here’s are a few highlights:
• We have a new logo! We hope you love it as much as we do! And if you helped with the logo redesign project, THANK YOU!
• Get busy! Beginning October 1st, as hundreds of other girls from all over the world come together for the 11 Days of Action. Each day will feature a different action for girls’ rights. Our individual voices are powerful, but together, we can change the world. Join the 11 Days of Action campaign TODAY!
• Join us right here! We’ll have special coverage of the Girls Speak Out event on October 11th. During the Girls Speak Out, you can chat with girl activists, governments, and UN members about how to become powerful agents of change with a vision for the future.
• Stay with us ALL DAY! After the Girls Speak Out, join the Day of the Girl Summit webcast and tune in for Day of the Girl celebrations, parties, and events across the globe.
We are building a movement. Join us! We can’t wait to celebrate with all of YOU.
The Day of the Girl Summit Team