For this historic anniversary, we want to add your voice to help make this year’s celebration the greatest ever. Let’s inspire everyone with our stories of girl power — in art, pictures, poetry, songs, video — to showcase the unique role girls play in our world. We need your voice! Here’s how:
If you’re between 13-18 years old, send us your inspirational story! You can use creative writing, video performance, photography, artwork, or song to share your voice and your ideas. Your submission could be chosen to be part of the Girls Speak Out 2016 at the United Nations in New York City! And everyone who submits her work will be featured on the DayoftheGirlSummit.org website, in our IDG2016 Webcast or Shoutout Page!
Tell us about one of the following:
- What does girl power mean to you?
- How are girls inspirational?
- Tell us about girls where you live who are doing things to help each other.
- Have girls in your town or community overcome a challenge or triumph?
- What will you do to celebrate the International Day of the Girl where you live?
Send us your responses with a completed IDG Summit Consent Form no later than Monday, September 12th 11:59PM US EST!
Please make sure your submission is in one of these formats:
Poetry or monologues (maximum 250 words)
Video (maximum length of 2 minutes)
Photographs (jpeg files of at least 500 x 500 pixels)
Art or graphic design (jpeg files of at least 500 x 500 pixels)